Saturday, February 08, 2014

Bento Pile Part 6

Long time no see, again! I am alive lol. Although I don't think there is someone who worries, I'll never quit this blog as long as I make bento. I'll keep on going slowly like a snail haha. Yes, at my pace. While I was away from here, 2013 turned into 2014, and now it's already February. I just must say this, Belated Happy New Year!! Is that too late? Ugh! Gong Xi Fa Cai!! To those who celebrated Chinese New Year. Is that only a bit belated? Ah well, we spent the New Year's holidays safe and sound anyway, and had Setsubun (a bean-throwing event) recently, and you know the chocolate factory project is coming soon. Plus, Girl's Day celebration next. I can no longer stay relaxed. Time flies supersonically! Therefore, I think I want to record each moment of life by taking snapshots as much as possible. Hopefully I will post them sometime. Here is a pile of what I have made lately.


2014-01-23


2014-01-29


2014-02-04


2014-02-05


2014-02-03


2014-02-03

7 comments:

  1. Love. It looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and commenting Aimee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what delicious food you make! And your sauces are so GLOSSY! mmm...love sticky glossy saucy things. Those little patties with the sesame coating, are they pork or chicken? they look so good, but so did everything...so glad you are back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are chicken patties. I chopped some chicken tenders and added a little mayo, starch, water and salt, and then kneaded well until pasty. Then cooked. Chicken tenders turn out moist and rich this way. I love them since they are so cheap and healthy ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you would have your own yummy recipe ;)! Oh my, chicken tenders are not cheap here at all! Much more expensive than chicken thigh, which I think is more expensive in Japan? Is that right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, tenders were a lot more expensive some time ago, but for some reason thighs are switched with nowadays. Maybe tenders and breasts are less popular than thighs. Matter fact, I didn't really like them before but they are easy to mince with a knif :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. People here are obsessed with avoiding fat, so breasts and tenders are popular...but in my opinion they don't have as much taste. But there are a lot of easy things you can do with a pack of tenders...! Which reminds me, need to defrost some for dinner ;)

    ReplyDelete