Saturday, April 16, 2016

So Far So Good

2015-12-08-0726
This bento contains spinach, daigakuimo (glazed sweet potato), chicken karaage, omusubi balls (of rice, edamame, scrambled egg and shirasu) and a mikan for dessert.



2016-04-14-0742
Chicken katsu curry. In this bento are spinach salad (as usual), a bit sour purple cabbage salad (I like purple veggies) for refreshment, mini panko-fried chicken breast pieces and rice (of course). Unfortunately I can't show you the content of the thermal jar, because I screw the lid on immediately.



2016-04-14-0749
I like this bagel (or donut?) key chain. It looks so good, doesn't it? I couldn't help taking the shot.



2016-04-15-0718
I made today, a quick omuraisu bento. I added blanched spinach and creamy sesame dressing to top it off.



Sadly, our spinach season is almost over. Spinach is available to buy all year, but not so good except for the cold season. For the same reason, I hardly buy tomatoes or cucumbers in winter. I'm about to make the switch from spinach to spring cabbage, which is also a time-limited deliciousness, and will be in season soon. You'll probably see a lot of cabbage in my bentos! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment