Roasted mayo/cheese salmon
Sauteed pork rolls
and 4 onigiri.
Carrot, pork, spinach and rice. Orin apple and persimmon for dessert. Don't you think something yellow is lacking? Yes I forgot to put egg in this bento!
I meant to make a traditional style bento like ones available at convenience stores. Yeah conveni-bento.
This has sweet tamagoyaki slices (MUST), pink kamaboko slices, stir-fried shredded carrot, ginger pork (STANDARD), ume/cuke salad, salty sockeye salmon (benijake) and rice.
Roasted mayo/cheese chicken tender
Potato kimpira (recipe here)
Chili sauce shrimp
Boiled flower-shaped carrots
Chunks of salty sockeye salmon
Usuyaki-tamago and edamame on the rice.
Mashed purple sweet potato
Spinach/carrot/corn salad with sesame dressing
Grilled syoyu chicken.
♪Today's simple cooking....♪
babykins' mushroom rice recipe
Some kinds of mushrooms you like (as much as you want)
Aburaage - fried thin tofu (as much as you want)
A little of shoyu and mirin and rayu (red hot sesame oil) or brown sesame oil chili powder
Cooked rice (as much as you want)
1) Cut the mushrooms and the aburaage into small bite size.
2) Place it in a pan then add a few pinches of salt then braise it for a few minutes until get watery.
3) Drain it (remove the extra water) then replace it in the pan.
4) Add all the seasonings and stir-fry it until the excess water dries off.
5) Add it into freshly cooked rice or microwaved leftover rice then mix them together. At this point if it tastes light, add a little more shoyu or salt. Done!!
You can season mushrooms as you like. For example, salt black pepper & butter plus onion, salt & curry powder plus shrimp or chicken, and so on... Anyhow all you need to do is make a mushroom stir-fry and mix it into hot rice! Yes pretty yum! Aw do you know that autumn is the mushroom season?? You should definitely enjoy them NOW!