Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pork Gyudon Bento

Pork Gyudon Bento

A bento this morning is a super quick one! Gyudon is a bowl of rice topped with simmered beef and onion, known as one of fast foods. Do you know *Yoshinoya*? I rarely eat beef except for hamburgers and BBQ. So I make beef-don with pork! I know that sounds funny, but you know pork-don is a bit different thing from my pork gyudon... oh wait, what am I saying?? Haha! Okay I'll stop complicating things. I simply threw together pork slices, onion slices, some shoyu, mirin, sugar and water in a frying pan and cooked swiftly. Put it over brown rice in a glass bowl so Hubby can nuke it at work. Yes this is his lunch. Since He has left home too early recently, he's had an onigiri bento or no bento. I made him a decent bento for the first time in a while lol!

6 comments:

  1. @5c34c59d33679baecc33d745a69c838b I really love oyakodon! But you can substitute pork for chicken if you like. It's *tanin-don* and also yummy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @7e4f057f912b6333569c1ad064bd36d1 Thanks for the encouragement! I think soft boiled egg goes well with this kind of dombri :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @9d1fc2480bac4b4c2e872f2b3d56574d Thank you! I like simple bentos better than elaborate ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have made Oyakudon too, http://my-little-japanese-world.blogspot.com/2011/09/oyakodon.html with Chicken, but your´s looks tastier^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft boiled egg and pork over rice. Perfect combination to make me drool with envy! Yummy pictures as usual!

    ReplyDelete