Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Crispy Chicken Bento and Magic Salt and Rusutsu Resort

Hi there! What's up with you? Our summer is almost over, sadly... Yuppi's summer break was also over already. That means making her bento. She often needs bento at school. What I fixed for this bento are crispy chicken breast, pan-fried potato stars, two Dekofuri-flavored onigiri, and a fruit cup. For crispy chicken, I sliced chicken breast, then dredged in starch generously, then shallow fried until it's crispy. And then sprinkled it with some Magic Salt.


DSC_0247


Here is Magic Salt which I use for bento and usual cooking very often these days. For those of you who are curious what it is. It's similar to Crazy Salt, but I like Magic Salt better. The package says... It was supervised by Three-star French chef Daniel Martin, consists of natural salt, black pepper, sugar, sesame seed, tomato powder, parsley, fried onion, garlic, tarragon, and processed starch. You can use it instead of Salt & Pepper, and it's also good for salad dressing as dried herb. I think this can be a big help for simple quick cooking.


magic salt


By the way, we went to Rusutsu Resort --- a huge amusement park hotel. Had a blast with so many rides, attractions, and fireworks! More photos on Slide Show, flickr.


コラージュ

10 comments:

  1. That Magic Salt looks like it will add quick flavor to any dish. Fun! I am sure this bento was a great way for your daughter to get back into the school routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this is helping me a lot in the busy morning lately. Thanks so much for the sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice resort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael Spore Thank you for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @edf26a68e56e0bb7318afe7539324c00:disqus 
    Yes this is helping me a lot in the busy morning lately. Thanks so much for the sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Magic Salt looks like it will add quick flavor to any dish. Fun! I am sure this bento was a great way for your daughter to get back into the school routine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @9346a222d0425a5a493c134e8d88370a 
    Maybe it's known as Krazy Mixed-up Salt? A herb salt seasoning. Both come in handy.
    I only rode a few that aren't too intensive hehe. My family did all the rides. Some of the coasters are very intensive. I would have died for sure.

    Hey are you ok without lunch? Too busy work is not good. I know it's freaking hard to cook/bake something when it's too darn hot. Hope you can get back into your comfy life soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice little bento, it looks like always tasty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait, so what's in Crazy Salt?  ( I like those names!)  The resort looks really fun, but did you ride any of the giant roller coasters?? :)  Mmm, crispy chicken bento...I've been too lazy to pack lunch (and too busy to eat lunch) lately :(  But at least it is also cooling off in NY so I should be back to baking soon :D

    ReplyDelete