Saturday, April 28, 2012

BBQ Chicken Bento and Sour Pickled Vegetables

2012.04.26-1
It's not that we had a barbecue. I just call today's chicken *BBQ chicken*. I sauteed some pieces of chicken thigh and then seasoned with a mix of Worcester sauce, ketchup, shoyu, water and a tiny bit of garam masala.


2012.04.26
I made sweet salty teeny tiny fishes too for Yuppi, which is her favorite and one of *good friends of rice*. Some of you might have seen stuff like that at Japanese groceries before.


sour pickle
Also I made sour pickled veggie. I thought it would be a nice refreshment in a bento. I randomly threw odds and ends from the refrigerator, rice vinegar, brown sugar, salt, water and some spices in a big glass jar. It turned out to be exactly what I expected yay!

By the way my 9-day holiday started just now. I am so excited about what I do during the holiday! Maybe I would keep posting in the meantime. I hope y'all also have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. Nom! (Okay, except for the chicken as I don't eat meat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I know. I hope to get meatless life one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many things i love in your bentos!  especially like your colourful pickles very much (homemade is always better!) and the little fish.  
    did you ever try nasi lemak?  http://www.malaysianfood.net/recipes/recipenasilemak.htm  In Malaysian food they call the fish ikan bilis and cook them with peanuts until crispy.  served with coconut rice mmm!  it's one of my favourite things and i'd like to do a bento version sometime (soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the commnet! I'm not too familiar with Southeast Asian food. But the sambal ikan bilis sounds good! I want to try it if I get the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you show us how to make the fried egg? I see it very often in Japanese bento blogs and I do want to try to make it too at home, thanks in advance babykins :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not that difficult to make. I hope to share something about it sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete