I made ham egg salad for bento yesterday. It's one of our favorite bento dishes, and soooo simple to make!
Egg salad wrapped in ham
1) Boil some eggs hard and remove the shells.
2) Put the boiled eggs and some mayonnaise in a cup or small bowl, then crush and mix with a fork or knife.
3) Wrap it with very thin ham slices.
For today's bento, I made shiokoji pork piccata, and patatas bravas (spicy tomato sauce potato). The piccata turned out so good that now it's one of my recommendations! And I think piccata and patatas bravas is a nice combination.
Shiokoji pork piccata
1) Season bite-size slices of pork with a little shiokoji or salt.
2) Dredge them in some flour then dunk in beaten egg, and then saute with a little oil in a frying pan.
3) Sprinkle them with a bit of black pepper.
1) Boil or fry bite-size potato pieces in salted water until tender then drain.
2) Season it with some tomato puree, tomato ketchup, a bit of oregano and basil and chili pepper.
This is also a good potato dish I like. It's tasty even cold, but if you eat at home, fresh-fried crispy potato with the spicy tomato sauce is the bomb!!